Monday, October 17, 2011

can I borrow your children?

This past week has brought me so many pleasant surprises. A long overdue visit with my best girlfriends was the highlight of my week. Even though it wasn't as long as I would of hoped. Adulthood was calling me back home in the morning. We caught up and made sweet treats. I didn't take many pictures of the night because sometimes it's just better for me to be in the moment than to record it. But I managed to get two out of it.

Ashley Mixing up some deliciousness 


Diabetes anyone?


Also, in the recent days or weeks I have finally discovered all of these new things. I don't know why I suddenly get the itch to do something once it's out of season. Take canning and preserving fruit for instance. I found a really helpful page that gives a step by step guide on how to do it.


My dad always does this in the summer but I think it would be a good thing for me to know for myself. It just might be more useful and give me more satisfaction knowing that I made these things myself.
I also found this recipe, if you want to call it that, for making your own Vanilla Extract. This I can accomplish now.

I can't wait to make these darling cupcakes for some kid that I know. It doesn't matter which one. 

Wizard of Oz Cupcakes






No comments:

Post a Comment